This Twitter tool exports a list of all the followers of an account to a .CSV spreadsheet. It can be used for lead generation or data analysis.
How to use an export list of Twitter followers
Exporting the followers of a Twitter account is very interesting for marketers because it gathers in one place a list of people sharing a common interest.
Let’s take an example: If you just opened a yoga studio in Austin, TX, and are looking for new students, how about exporting all the followers of that other yoga studio just across the street? Followers are most likely living here, interested in the topic, and would love to hear more about you.
Our Twitter Follower Export tool helps you do exactly that: Enter a few URLs of Twitter accounts you’re interested in, export them, and use that list to auto-follow all the exported accounts for instance, or send them a DM.
Best practices to export high quality Twitter followers
The best accounts to export followers from are not the biggest. Quite the opposite, actually. The bigger an account, the more diluted (in terms of interests) the audience.
Take the Lakers team Twitter for instance. Sure, it 11M followers will like basketball. But they will be from very different ages, genders, locations. Compare this to some small basket-ball YouTuber or streamer, with under 10k followers in some specific area: Their followers will consist of a much more precise segment of potential customers.
And the same goes for brands: Small brands have diehard fans, when big supermarkets have lost that intensity. Keep that in mind when selecting your targets.
How to export someone’s Twitter follower list with TexAu?
It’s easy to export someone’s Twitter followers list with TexAu:
- Create a free TexAu account here.
- List the profile URLs of the profiles you want to export the followers of.
- Run the automation right away (and schedule it to repeat).
The list will be delivered as a .CSV spreadsheet as soon as the automation completed its extraction.
After logging in to your TexAu account and adding this automation to your account, you’ll be facing this setup screen:
- Auth_token: This field represents the Twitter profile you want to perform the auto-follow with.
- Profile URL: Enter the URL of the Twitter profile that you want to export the followers of. If you want to export multiple Twitter profiles’ followers, use a .CSV or Google Sheet (as shown below).
- Number of followers: Optional. Limit the number of accounts to export to a maximum number.
- Upload a CSV or link a Google Sheet: If you want to export multiple profiles’ followers, upload here a .CSV filled with all their Twitter URLs, or the address of a Google spreadsheet (don’t forget to make it public, see FAQ below).
- Launch automation: Click on this button to start the automation.
- Schedule automation: Schedule this automation to run at a specific time, or to launch multiple times.
If this is your first time using TexAu, we recommend reading the FAQ.
How do I add a new profile?
To connect your Twitter profile and perform this automation, you must:
- Download the TexAu Chrome extension. It will establish the link between TexAu and Twitter.
- Create your Twitter Profile in TexAu. Once your identity is created in TexAu, it will be reusable across all automations.
Why would I use Google Sheets?
When you want to export multiple targets without having to change the #2 field every time, you can use a Google spreadsheet URL instead.
To do this, simply put every target URLs you want to target in the first column of the sheet like so:
Then make your Google sheet public. Without it, TexAu won’t be able to access it.
How to schedule my automation to launch multiples times?
Automation is not always welcomed. To avoid being suspended, prefer making many small launches over one big launch.
How to download your results?
After you launch your automation, you’ll see TexAu performing its job in the log section. It will look something like that:
Once the launch is over, click “Download CSV” to download your data to a .CSV spreadsheet.
- How to use CSV with TexAu automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu automation
- How to schedule a TexAu automation
Questions? Reach out to our support, we’ll be happy to assist you!