Twitter hashtag scraper is a Twitter automation that exports all the Tweets mentioning a #hashtag of your choice. All the Tweets are extracted to a .CSV spreadsheet that you can use in Excel, or plug into another of our Twitter automations.
How to use exported Tweets lists?
Having a list of Tweets with a specific hashtag is very useful because it gathers a bunch of people interested in a specific topic. This targeted list can be used for sales or marketing purposes, or any purpose you see fit.
For instance, let’s say you’re an Ice-cream shop in Byron Bay, Australia:
- Extract all the Tweets mentioning #byronbay #surfing.
- Plug Twitter auto-liker to the results.
- Add to that Twitter auto-commenter to comment “How about an ice-cream after surf, mate?”.
And wait for the customers to visit your shop!
Exporting Tweets can also be useful to grow your audience, analyze date, and many other purposes!
How to scrape Tweets related to a hashtag with TexAu?
It’s easy to extract Tweets with TexAu’s Twitter Hashtag Scraper:
- Create a free TexAu account here.
- Specify the hashtags that you want to scrape Tweets for.
- Run the automation right away (and schedule it to repeat).
TexAu will deliver the data in your dashboard as soon as the extraction is completed.
After logging in to your TexAu account and adding this automation to your account, you’ll be facing this setup screen:
- Hashtag: Specify here the hashtag that you want to extract Tweets for.
- Max count: Enter a number of Tweets to extract.
- Upload a CSV or link a Google Sheet: If you want to extract multiple hashtag’s Tweets, upload here a .CSV file, or the address of a Google spreadsheet, filled with hashtags. Don’t forget to make it public (see FAQ below).
- Launch automation: Click on this button to start the automation.
- Schedule automation: Schedule this automation to run at a specific time, or to launch multiple times.
If this is your first time using TexAu, we recommend reading the FAQ.
How do I add a new profile?
To connect your Twitter profile and perform this automation, you must:
- Download the TexAu Chrome extension. It will establish the link between TexAu and Twitter.
- Create your Twitter Profile in TexAu. Once your identity is created in TexAu, it will be reusable across all automations.
Why would I use Google Sheets?
When you want to export multiple targets without having to change the #2 field every time, you can use a Google spreadsheet URL instead.
To do this, simply put every target URLs you want to target in the first column of the sheet like so:
Then make your Google sheet public. Without it, TexAu won’t be able to access it.
How to schedule my automation to launch multiples times?
Automation is not always welcomed. To avoid being suspended, prefer making many small launches over one big launch.
How to download your results?
After you launch your automation, you’ll see TexAu performing its job in the log section. It will look something like that:
Once the launch is over, click “Download CSV” to download your data to a .CSV spreadsheet.
- How to use CSV with TexAu automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu automation
- How to schedule a TexAu automation
Questions? Reach out to our support, we’ll be happy to assist you!