YouTube search extractor
Extract YouTube search results to learn more insights from the videos that rank at the top of Youtube search results. This automation is for YouTubers who’re planning content for their own channel but are not limited to it. You can use this automation to extract details of published videos that are ranking for specific keywords in YouTube searches to get inspiration & take informed decisions based on the data you have extracted from this automation.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- Use this YouTube search extractor to get content ideas for various keywords on the YouTube channel.
- The number of views on a video tells how popular content is working on a channel and you can take inspiration from it.
How to Extract YouTube search results?
You can paste a single YouTube search URL or if you have a list of search URLs for various keywords, you can upload it as a CSV or link to a Google sheet. This spice will return details like video title, video & channel URL, views on the videos, date posted, and more. This information can give a ton of content ideas and insights into what people prefer to watch.
Here are the steps to extract YouTube search results:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the Search Query URL in the respective fields. In case you have a list of search query URLs to extract details from, upload it as CSV or use that Google sheet as input for this spice.
- Click the “Extract Results” button to run the automation right away or click “Schedule this spice” to repeatedly run this spice.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice, however, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Let’s see how to execute this automation
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this spice.
The whole execution will play around these 5 input points & the total time to execute this will be less than 1 minute, depending on search URLs to extract details from.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- Search Link: Enter the URL of the search query of the keyword you used in YouTube search. You can leave this empty if you have a CSV file or a Google Sheet which we can use in the next steps.
- Max Count: Specify the number of results you want from the search. You can leave it empty to extract as many results as possible. However, you wouldn’t need those many search results. Extract just enough results that you can analyze & get inspiration from.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of search URLs to extract. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here.
- Extract Results: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to find the domains of the specified companies.
How to extract YouTube searches using TexAu?
Step 1: Create a TexAu account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit this Automation Page. TexAu acts on your behalf on the specified websites to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple search queries to extract)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the Search Links. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Extract Results button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple search queries to extract from, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Extract Results you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
Once the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Lastly, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
How to download your results?
After you launch your automation, you’ll see TexAu performing its job in the log section. It will look something like that:
Once the launch is over, click “Download CSV” to download your data to a .CSV spreadsheet.
That’s all you need to know about extracting YouTube search.
- How to use CSV with TexAu automation
- How to use Google Sheet with TexAu automation
- How to schedule a TexAu automation
Questions? Reach out to our support, we’ll be happy to assist you!
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAu, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂