We all keep an eye on our competitors. We have to. It's important to understand their moves, their decisions, the position they have in the market and how they influence and react to the movements of the market.
Now with TexAu is extremely easy to get hard data on your competitors and stay one step ahead of them.
Extract information from your competitors' social media presence
- First we'll get a snapshot of your competitor's tech stack on their website. It may not seem much, but running this automation repeatedly over time will let you uncover hidden changes on their website. We'll use a CSV or a Google Spreadsheet with a list of your competitor's URLs
- While we're at it, we'll get a screenshot as well. And the meta tag information, thanks. Very useful if you're doing a competition research for an SEO project
- Also, all the social media links on their website. We'll use those now on the following steps
- Authenticate easily and safely on Instagram and Twitter. The automation needs to connect to Instagram and Twitter on your behalf. We can do that easily and safely with your session cookies. You can grab your cookie easily with our Chrome extension, or you can follow these steps to get the cookie manually.
- Now we'll extract all followers from their Instagram and Twitter accounts. This information will allow you to engage with them and steal followers automatically from your competitors. Handy, isn't it?
- And the final step will be to scrape their LinkedIn company page, including all their employees with a LinkedIn profile.
All this information becomes better when this Recipe has been run several times, and you start seeing the trends. Which company is hiring and who has a churn problem, which one is rising in social media and which one is stagnant.