Scrape Products on ProductHunt
Automatically scrape the top products from ProductHunt. If you’re looking for SaaS leads from ProductHunt in bulk, this spice will help you. Especially if you’re not looking for leads from a specific niche or industry, all you’re looking for is generic SaaS leads.
This spice can help you scrape the details of products on ProduchHunt. The way this automation work is, that you get the list of products published on ProductHunt as latest as today or everything that’s listed. There’s a cap on how many products you can scrape, so beware of that. Don’t overdo it.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- Use the list of products scrapped from ProductHunt to find more details to either get in touch with the authors of the products or simply find tools that you can use in day-to-day life. You can also find leads for your marketing agency. Since the authors are trying to get visibility to their products, you can scale your business by helping them first.
How to get details of products on ProductHunt?
You need to mention the number of products you want to scrape from the platform. Then select the time frame. For now, only today, and all are listed in the dropdown. That should work for you.
Here are the steps to get the details of products on ProductHunt:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Specify the number of products you want to get from the platform
- Enter the date of publishing to filter only the latest products
- Click on “Get Products from ProductHunt” to run the automation immediately or schedule the automation to run only when required by clicking “Schedule this spice”
Limitations & important points to note
- You can run this spice once per hour. Therefore, you will have to keep in mind the dailiy limit. You can find those details here.
Let’s see how to get the details of products on ProductHunt
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required to get the details of products on ProductHunt.
The whole execution will play around these 4 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of products on ProductHunt you want to scrape. Here’s what each of the input points means:
1. Max Count: Specify the number of products you want to scrape from ProducHunt. Make sure you mention the number based on the daily limit of executable time you have subscribed for.
2. Date: Select the time range of the products on ProductHunt that you want to scrape.
3. Get Products from ProductHunt: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
4. Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to get the products on ProductHunt
How to get the products on ProductHunt using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & setup your account for marketing automation
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page. Enter the details in the respective fields and start executing the process.
Step 2: Enter the number of products you want to scrape & select the time range
Mention the maximum number of products you want to scrape from ProductHunt. Then specify the time range you want to scrape from.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Get products from ProductHunt button will immediately start the execution.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Get products from ProductHunt you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
Once you see, click on the ‘Result‘ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to scrape products from ProduchtHunt.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂