Scrape a Quora profile
Scrape details about any Quora profile and find potential leads either to offer your product/service or to hire them to promote your product/service. If you’re a blogger, freelancer, or business owner, this spice will be of great use to you. You can find potential leads in terms of the service provider or a client who can leverage your skills. Since Quora is a predominantly text-based platform, generally bloggers can leverage this platform to find clients they can blog for. Sure there are always some unique you can use this spice.
Here are the applications/usecases for using this automation:
- Use this automation to learn more about your target audience or an influencer who you think can promote your product/service. Finding affiliate marketers is an ideal scenario to use this automation if you’re a business owner. The details this automation provides will help you create a model of your ideal customer base.
- You can use this automation on your own profile to understand more about your followers so that you can cater to their needs and build a loyal following on Quora.
How to scrape Quora profiles?
This spice uses the profile URL to scrape the details about the profile. If you have multiple Quora profiles, you can either upload a CSV or link a Google sheet here to scrape details of all those profiles.
Here are the steps to run this spice:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Lastly, enter the profile URL of the Quora profile or upload a CSV or link a Google Sheet if you have multiple profiles to scrape from Quora.
- Click on “Scrape profile” to run the automation immediately or if you want to run the automation only when required or at a specific time, click on “Schedule this spice” to run accordingly
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to this spice, however, you will have to keep in mind your daily limit. You can find those details here.
Let’s see how to scrape a Quora profile
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required for this automation.
The whole execution will play around these 6 input points & the total time to execute this will be less than a minute, depending on the number of Quora profiles you want to scrape.
Here’s what each of the input points means:
- MS Session cookie: Quora uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Quora profile.
- MB Session cookie: Quora uses this piece of information to ensure it’s really you who’s using the Quora profile.
- Profile URL: Enter the profile URL of the Quora profile you want to scrape.
- Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV of Google Sheet if you have a lot of Quora profiles to scrape. Be sure to execute this spice with the daily limit in mind. Check your daily limit here. Note: If you’re doing this on the web browser, make sure you have a proxy set up beforehand. If you’re doing the same thing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about anything. Refer to these guides to learn more about proxies.
- Extract Profile: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
- Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to scrape followers from specified profiles.
How to Scrape a Quora profile using TexAu?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & authenticate Quora Session cookies
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page in the app. TexAu acts on your behalf on Quora to run this automation. TexAu is the safest automation platform on the web, it uses your Quora session cookie to authenticate as you to run this automation. We never ask for your login credentials. To make filling session cookies easier, you can use the TexAu Chrome extension. This process only requires 2 clicks.
- Download TexAu Extension for Chrome here: TexAu Chrome Extension [Used and loved by over 4000+ customers]
- Refresh your automation page and click on the Get Cookie button. If you use our desktop app, you don’t have to worry about proxies.
In case if you are not using Google Chrome, check this guide on how to get cookies manually from your browser. We are working hard to bring our extension to all the major browsers very soon.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL (only if you have multiple Quora profiles to scrape)
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Either get the session cookie or use our chrome extension to do it with the click of a button. You can also create variables to avoid entering Quora session cookies again & again. Here’s a guide to creating variables on TexAu.
- Input the column containing the Quora profile URLs. Make sure you choose the right one for successful execution.
- If you have purchased a proxy (you will have to add a proxy to your account) make sure you toggle the option. Furthermore, if you’re executing on a desktop, you don’t have to worry about the proxy.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Scrape Profile will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple Quora profiles to scrape, it would hardly take a minute to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job. But make sure you have a proxy if you choose to run the spice on our cloud servers.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Scrape Profile you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
After the execution is complete, you will see the following message in the execution log.
Lastly, when you see, click on the ‘Result’ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to automatically scrape details about a Quora profile.
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice or anything related to TexAU, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂