Slack Message Sender
Automatically send slack messages. Slack is where people from different walks of life come together and talk about their likes & interests. There are several chat rooms that can become a lead generation source for your product/service.
Here are some usecases/applications of using this automation:
- We have created this automation to help you automatically send messages to anyone on slack to begin new conversations & generate leads.
How to automatically send Slack messages?
Simply enter the slack session cookie, workspace URL, the messages & user ID of the person you want to send Slack messages to.
Here are the steps to Send Slack messages:
- Create a free TexAu account here
- Enter the workspace URL, messages, & Slack User ID in the respective fields. If you have a list of workspace URLs, messages & user IDs in a CSV or Google sheet, link that sheet with the automation.
- Click on “Send slack message” to run the automation immediately or click on “Schedule this spice” to schedule the automation to run only when required.
Limitations & important points to note
- There’s no limit to the spice as such. However you will have to keep in mind the dailiy limit. You can find those details here.
- If you’re using the web version, make sure you toggle the “Use Proxy” button. This will require you to add a proxy to your account. If you use the TexAu Desktop app, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a proxy or even setting one.
- You need to be a part of a Slack workspace to be able to send slack messages.
- You can send slack messages only to those who’re part of the workspace you’re part of.
Let’s see how to send Slack messages
Here we will see the steps of the execution & the inputs required to Send Slack messages.
The whole execution will play around these 7 input points & the total time to execute this will be around 1-2 minutes, depending on the number of emails to find. Here’s what each of the input points means:
1. Slack Session cookie: Enter the slack session cookie in this field to Send Slack messages.
2. Slack Workspace URL: Enter the workspace URL in this field. This is the URL you get to join a channel on slack. If you don’t have it, contact the channel owner for that.
3. Message: Enter the message you want to send on slack. You can add variables if you’re going to send the same message to multiple people. Create a CSV or a Google sheet workspace URL, message & user ID of the recipient to Send Slack messages in bulk.
4. Slack User ID: Enter the User ID in this field. This is the user ID of the person you want to send Slack messages to.
5. Upload CSV or Google Sheet: You can upload a CSV or a Google Sheet. Be sure to execute this with the daily limit in mind. Even though there aren’t any limits to this spice, you have to keep in mind your daily limit of execution time.
6. Send Slack message: Clicking on this button will immediately start the execution.
7. Schedule this spice: You can choose to schedule this spice to Find emails mentioned in the CSV or Google Sheet (more on this below)
How to send Slack Messages?
Step 1: Create TexAu account & setup your account
Once your account is set up and you have completed the onboarding, visit the Spice page. If you have a list ready in a CSV or Google sheet and add that in step 2.
Step 2: Upload the CSV or paste Google sheet URL
If you have a CSV, simply upload it from your PC. If you have a Google Sheet, there are some extra steps.
- First paste the Google sheet’s URL.
- Input the column containing the Email addresses. Make sure you choose the right column for successful execution.
For the final touch, make sure you have set the sheet as public (as shown below) so the TexAu can access it.
Step 3: Start execution or schedule the automation
Clicking on the Send Slack Message button will immediately start the execution. Unless you have multiple messages to send on slack, it would hardly take 2-3 minutes to execute this script.
Scheduling the automation will give you additional points to control the execution. You can choose specific days of the week or month, specific times daily. You can even set a specific start & end time of the execution.
The advantage of automating the whole process is that you don’t have to actively sit in front of your PC while TexAu does its job.
Step 4: Download execution results to your local PC
Once you click on Send Slack Message you will see an execution window at the bottom of your screen, that would look as shown below:
Once you see, click on the ‘Result‘ button where you can view your results & download the result as a CSV file as shown below.
Note: Alternatively you can download results from the Results menu on the left-hand navigation, just hover over the menu & click on Results as shown below:
That’s all you need to Send slack messages
- How to use CSV with TexAu Automation
- Learn how to use Google Sheet with TexAu Automation
- How to schedule a TexAu Automation
In case if you have any questions related to this spice, just drop us a message and we will get back in 10 minutes 🙂